After much last minute packing, visiting and the resulting lack of sleep (5 1/2 hours out of 42 and that includes 2 1/2 on various planes) I have arrived. It is now 11:50 in the morning and while most in Canada are soundly sleeping I have already cleared customs, found where I'll be resting my weary body, deposited my luggage, bought a London A to Z and wandered around aimlessly. Fortunately that wandering led me almost directly to Westminster Abbey and then on to Trafalgar Square (and an internet cafe).
The weather similar to what I left at home and the traffic is surprisingly light - a perfect day just to take things as the come. I plan to get lost, play in traffic and then use the A to Z to find my way back to my room.
Next stop Westminster Abbey for noon Eucharist, after that who knows. The possibilities are endless.
21 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment