I have three words for you "Thai red curry". It was delicious.
As for authentic Japanese food, I'm not sure that I can comment on it yet. I think the closest I've come to it is a little cafe in Kyoto a few weekends ago and the fast food bento box that I had at my course earlier this week.
But for some reason I've had lots of Thai food. Yum. Today was our kindergarten potluck lunch. Most moms and dads brough their children's favourites- pb & j, egg sandwiches, rice balls, upscale pigs in a blanket, you know the menu, it's pretty universal. However one father, with some encouragment from we the teachers and other kindergarten mothers, brought something for just the parents. Thai red curry. Authentic Thai red curry as he is Thai.
From the moment it arrived and someone snuck the first peak at it the smell wafted through the classroom. We don't get a chance to eat at potluck so we make plates up to be eaten after school and put them in the office. The office smelled so good.
Last week at the Valentine's Day party the wife of this father found out that I was vegetarian and loved Thai food. So today, along with 3 pots of Thai red curry with chicken along came one ziplock container, made seperately, of vegetarian curry. Enough for lunch and dinner. So sweet! It was delicious!
22 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment