09 February 2008

How cold is it?

Okay, so I can't really complain about the weather, especially when I know that the majority of people who read this blog are in Edmonton but it has been rather chilly lately in Osaka. I was alarmed when people told me last winter that it was a relatively mild. I actually thought that this winter hadn't been as bad because I wasn't feeling as cold, but perhaps that's just because I have a second heater and my apartment doesn't feel icy this winter.

However, something is different this winter as we have had snow on more than one occasion. I'm told it snowed quite a bit last weekend but I didn't notice as I didn't go out and didn't open my blinds (they're lined so they keep the heat in). Today however I woke up to serious snow. Snow that had accumulated on the ground, cars and was still falling heavily. Everyone was out with their umbrellas, cars were moving very slowly and later in the day the true indication of a cold day that no one wanted to venture out in - pizza delivery had a 90 minute wait time. I have only ever waited as long as 30 minutes for a pizza, even on a Friday night, and once only 15. Everyone else in the area must be feeling as house bound as I am. The snow was very pretty, if a little bit slushy.

A few pics from my apartment. Sorry if they're not clear, my camera's at school so I took them with my mobile phone's camera.

No comments: