11 January 2007

I've landed


It's official, I've landed in Japan. Above is my name written in Katakana. Actually my whole name has been translated into katakana, this is just the beginning. I also have a hanko, a personal stamp of my name. It's used in certain situations in place of a signature. So far I've only used it to open a bank account which in itself is very exciting as now I'll be able to be paid!
Yes, paid. I have officially started work and it is going very well. I may have to be pried out of my classroom at the end of the school year as on top of the physical set up of the class being thoughtful and well resourced the students are adorable. It's a dream set up really, all children so small should have access to such a program. There are two teachers in small class which means when we split up for group time the teacher:student ratio is so small. There are lots of opportunities for individual attention. I don't want to say too much but it is a great set up for the students and I'm looking forward to being part of it.

No comments: