Okay, TV in Japan is going to drive me crazy. I have three movie channels that rotate a selection of movies each month. One of this month's selections is the new Pride and Predjudice. I love Jane Austen's books - I've read them all (many multiple times), watched all the movies (again many multiple times).
The first time I saw the new P&P in theatre the only reason I didn't walk out was because I'd heard they changed the ending. Where do you get off thinking you can improve on Jane Austen? It's like the judges are saying on American Idol (yes, still tuning into that - shoot, missed the results show tonight): it's a classic, you don't need change it, to put your own stamp on a classic. I thought that might just be because I was locked into the BBC/A&E version but no. After seeing it 2 more times on tv now it still seems limp and lifeless without any passion and whips through the story trying to get all the scene in without bothering to adequately link the scenes.
It's just too painful.
15 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment