
Though Osaka is relatively spacious there are concessions to space to make it appear this way. This is an example of the parking arrangements at an apartment building. The structure moves up and down and the car drive onto it. Most likely you'll find them with one car at surface level and one that's been put below. Want to drive the lower car? Call it up to the surface, as seen here.


Rural ways meet an urban setting. Though I do live in the Heritage Valley equivalent of Osaka - about as far out as you can get right now. It was a still a surprise to see rice paddies in the midst of civilization. These pictures are from near my school on the side of the 171 - the equivalent say of having fields at the corner of Calgary Trail and 51st Ave. Does my food come from there?!
Finally, I have been walking to school most days as I said I would. It's nice to have the chance to just walk and listen to music, enjoying the spring days. It is getting quite warm though, even at 7:30 in the morning. Osaka is not a flat city, being that it goes from sea level into mountains/hills. My morning walk is uphill, with the last stretch before school being through a park.
The following is a picture from the top of the hill in the afternoon, looking towards home. If you look closely you will see a building circled in red. That's not home, but near it, about 10 minutes away (that's 10 minutes past it to get home, not 10 minutes closer to school). You forget it while you're there but our part of the world is quite hill, it's just gradual enough so it's not obvious.
And now for something completely random... I have no idea where this picture came from.
No comments:
Post a Comment