Okay so my skill testing question of the day is:
What do Japanese people have against white wine?
I realise this isn't a matter of life and death but it's totally frustrating.
Red wine, no problem. Our local grocery stocks wine as do 2, albeit small, specialty wine shops in the shopping complex near my home. Though all the bottles in the three stores combined couldn't stock one Alberta liquour store there is a lot of variety in the reds. As well one particular type and brand that I enjoy can be found for a reasonable price at the grocery store.
But with the warm weather I was starting to think that I might switch over to white. So I went looking. And what do I find? Shelves and shelves of Chardonnay. I'm sure Chardonnay is perfectly nice and that many people enjoy it but that`s all I can find and I don`t particularly care for it. If you look really hard in all three stores you might, just might unearth a reisling, in one of the stores but that`s about it.
So I went back tonight to the big box grocery store that often has foods and other goods aimed at the significant expat population in this area where I`d found my different wine last week. If I didn`t have the bottle sitting on my kitchen counter I`d swear it was never there in the first place. It`s a ghost now. I did however find a different type, not quite what I was looking for but it will do. Fool me once, I`m wise to the wine suppliers now. I bought two bottles.
11 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment