19 December 2007

Leaving on a jet plane, fortunately

So, it's been a while since I even came near my blog. So much has happened in the last 4 months, it's been hectic, to say the least. In that time I've been to Lake Biwa, had four months with my kinder class, been to Yokohama for training, past Kobe to see the temple dedicated to the 38 samuri who committed ritual suicide to avenge their master's death and other more mundane day to day happenings.

Today though was unexpected and I hope never to repeat it again.

Like most of my recent trips to the airport I left late, after falling asleep packing last night and having to do most of my packing this morning. Rush to the airport. No problem, no lines for once. Just walked up to the desk and then in through security without waiting. Walked throught the metal dectector. I didn't go off. But the security officer came over with my bag. "Do you have a knife in here?" "No" "Can I look?" "Please" So she looked and looked, took everything out, went through all the pockets and rescanned it. Looked again, more thourougly. "What's this?" she says as she pulls out a serrated knife. &^%*! Augh! Apparently, after taking the knife to Lake Biwa to cut the watermelon at our picnic I'd forgotten to remove it from my bag. Fortunately I wasn' t haulled in for questioning. Just asked to throw it out. Yike. At least the screening is working though...

Oh yeah, on my way to Australia. Looking forward to sun and rest!

1 comment:

Crimson Rambler said...

you have a great time!