I was talking to my Dad recently about "where to next" having been to Barcelona and Paris over the Easter Break. Really, there are so many places that it's easier to just have a map on my wall with the places I've been to circled, then to make a list of the places I'd like to go. And given the time it takes to upload pics to internet it's easier, though obiously not as exciting, to just stay at home. However, I have it on good authority that at least one or two people look at my pics and even enjoy them. So, if you are among these few people there are more.
Over half term in February (really the English and all their school breaks) I spent a week in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) and after Easter my Mom came over for two weeks and we wandered London before heading off to Barcelona and Paris.
I loved Italy with it's sense of history, the food and all of the architecture. I just don't think I can say more without going on more than I have, but it was fabulous.
At Easter it was so good to see my Mom. We did all sorts of touristy things in London and I showed her some of my favourite bits. Then we set off in search of sun to Barcelona and ended up in Paris. Needless to say we had sterotypical London grey wet weather, but a wonderful time regardless.
I've also updated "Where I Live". In February, shortly after I came home from Italy there was a massive snow storm in South-east England that ground the SE to a halt. Schools were closed in two counties, commuters couldn't get into London because the trains were not operational; in short it was a mess. At any rate, for the amusement of particularly the Albertans, take a look at the masses of snow in our front yard on this monumental day.
Reed is in a bit of a sulk about not getting to see much of Barcelona. However, he has updated his pictures too and you will find them in his album.
You'll find the updated pictures here:
Italy
Easter Break with Mom
Reed's European Adventures
Where I Live
09 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment